- Kavitha expresses disappointment over Guv rejecting MLC nominees
- A total oḟ 6654 applications received in Janata Darshan in state
- ACB court adjourns hearing on Naidu's bail and custody petition to tomorrow
- Telangana invites Sri Lanka Minister to lay foundation stone for Buddhavanam new project
- Delhi Liquor Scam: Apex Court to hear Kavitha’s petition today
- GVL thanks Railway Minister for sanctioning Visakhapatnam Varanasi Express
- SC to hear Chandrababu Naidu's case on Wednesday
- Rythu Sangam demands immediate waiver of farm loans
- Govt rolled out various schemes for empowerment of women: Goud
- Release trailer Ram Pothineni, Boyapati’s ‘Skanda’ is a mass feast
Congress MLA Revanth Reddy files PIL against land allotted to IKEA
Congress MLA Revanth Reddy on Tuesday filed a Public Interest Litigation PIL against the Telangana governments decision to allot 1627 acres of land to Swedish furniture retailer Ikea India Private Limited The land allotted is at Raidurg village in Serilingampally Mandal of Ranga Reddy district
Congress MLA Revanth Reddy on Tuesday filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) against the Telangana government's decision to allot 16.27 acres of land to Swedish furniture retailer Ikea India Private Limited. The land allotted is at Raidurg village in Serilingampally Mandal of Ranga Reddy district.
Stating that the state government was showcasing bias towards the multinational company in allotting such valuable land free of cost, Revanth Reddy in his PIL, said that the government has suffered a loss to the tune of Rs 500 crore.
He further said that the government broke the law by allotting land in the nomination process adding that the furniture store could have been allotted any other location.
The Kodangal MLA further requested the court to stall the business until the issue is investigated. In case, a litigation arises out of this, the much-anticipated launch event of Hyderabad IKEA showroom, scheduled to open on August 9, is likely to be postponed further.