- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Pragati Nivedana Sabha: Key elements to be discussed in cabinet meet
TRS government might discuss the enhancement of pension to Rs 500, the release of job notifications
Amidst speculations on pre-polls, the cabinet meeting of Telangana government before Pragati Nivedana Sabha has caught the attention of the opposition parties. It is believed the cabinet meeting is being held on dissolving assembly to go for early elections in the state. In addition to this, the chief minister will also hold talks about the interim benefits of employees, increase of pension and filling up job vacancies including the release of DSc notification.
The speculations on early polls were on rife after the chief minister called on the cabinet ministers on August 22 to discuss on organising a cabinet meeting before Pragati Nivedana Sabha. KCR also ordered the chief secretary of General Administration Department on August 27 to submit a report with respect to the cabinet meeting by welcoming suggestions from all the departments and sort out key aspects to discuss in the meeting.
According to sources, it is learnt the government would take a decision on employees interim benefits, pay revision. The process of revising employee salaries will be done once in every five years based a report released by the PRC committee. And the government would go for IR when the report by the PRC gets delayed. As the PRC is currently is preparing the report, the government might announce IR benefits for employees.
It is also learnt, the TRS government might discuss the enhancement of pension to Rs 500, the release of job notifications. About 40 lakh people are benefitting under Asara pension scheme proposed by the government which offers Rs 1000 pension for aged, widows, handloom workers and so on. And for disabled persons, the government offers Rs 1500.
As per the reports, KCR might meet governor Narasimhan at Raj Bhavan after the cabinet meeting and from where he heads towards Kongara Kalan to address the gathering.