- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Supreme Court : Modi government making judiciary defunct
By striking down the National Judicial Appointments Commission Act, Supreme Court disturbed the BJPs plan to recruit saffron judges on a large scale, Colin Gonsalves, Senior SC advocate said
HYDERABAD: By striking down the National Judicial Appointments Commission Act, Supreme Court disturbed the BJP’s plan to recruit saffron judges on a large scale, Colin Gonsalves, Senior SC advocate said.
“Narendra Modi government is making judiciary defunct by not filling the vacancies in judiciary, currently running with 20 percent strength”, he said here on Sunday at a meet organised to remember Human Rights Forum founder K Balagopal.
Speaking after unveiling a book by HRF on Hindutva politics, Colin said a distinction should be made between Hinduism and Hindu Rashtra.
Further, he also said that Hinduism is a way of life, and is simple and praiseworthy in many aspects. “The RSS and the corporates behind it are trying through the Narendra Modi and Amit Shah model is to establish a Hindu Rashtra which is more a corporate Rashtra and corrupt rashtra that eats away all your earnings and has got nothing to do with Hindu kind of its devotees”, Colin Gonsalves added.
Caravan magazine political editor Hartosh Singh Bal, HRF secretary Jeevan kumar have also participated in it.