- Medical negligence case: Another hospital in UP's Amethi loses licence
- Odisha Assembly adjourned till 4 pm amid Opposition ruckus
- I-T Department updates rules for startup equity valuation
- Now have real-time listening session with your group with Spotify's 'Jam'
- Telangana HC slaps Rs 10k fine on Aleru MLA over an election affidavit case
- Delhi Liquor Scam case: Kavitha gets relief from Supreme Court
- Mulayam’s statue installed at SP's office, then removed on Nagar Palika Parishad's order
- Jala Deeksha of TDP leaders in Rajavolu
- BJP president Nadda prays at Lalbaugcha Raja in Mumbai
- Pharma industry needs to focus on innovative products to achieve global leadership: Mandaviya
GHMC demolishes structures on invaded land fetching upto 160 crores.
At the MLA Colony in Banjara Hills, a temporary structure to prevent a bid to invade 16 acre land on Road No12 has been demolished, by the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation GHMC its Directorate of Enforcement, and the Vigilance Disaster Management EVDM wing According to the GHMC layout, the plot is earmarked for a park The land may fetch upto Rs 160 crore in the market
HYDERABAD: At the MLA Colony in Banjara Hills, a temporary structure to prevent a bid to invade 1.6 acre land on Road No.12 has been demolished, by the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) its Directorate of Enforcement, and the Vigilance & Disaster Management (EVDM) wing. According to the GHMC layout, the plot is earmarked for a park. The land may fetch upto Rs 160 crore in the market.
15 temporary structures, which include huts, temporary sheds, compound walls and a concrete basement were demolished. The invaders had let trees and bushes to grow on the land to make it look like a dump yard to deceive the authorities. “We want to restore at least 10 public places to improve worsening quality of air in the city,” said Viswajit Kampati, director, EVDM.
After the death of Palvai Govardhan Reddy, the senior Congress leader and Rajya Sabha MP, a woman claimed that the late leader had given her the land. She then made a gift deed to another individual. “We will have a security post and turn the land into a park. The GHMC commissioner Dana Kishore has approved the project,” said Kampati.