- Lavanya Tripathi Biography: Age, Personal life, Career, Physical Appearance, Marriage, Movies, Serials, Photos
- KTR dares Revanth and Raghunandan to submit evidence over allegations on ORR tendering
- WWDC 2023: Apple to unveil new Macs, AR/VR Headsets, and iOS 17
- Telangana govt. sanctions Rs. 15 crore for Bonalu, Talasani asks temples to submit applications
- Despite worries, 83% of Indian workers willing to let AI help at job
- Indian-American teen wins $50,000 Young Scientist award
- MG Motor India Reports Sales of 5006 units for the month of May 2023
- Akshaya Patra Foundation resumes Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Bengaluru
- India removes evolution and periodic table from text books
- How to eat better
Telangana Assembly Elections 2018: Joint Chief Election officer Amrapali says situation under control
Telangana Elections started in 32,514 locations at 7 AM this morning However, due to technical difficulties, the procedure was delayed in a couple of polling booths in the state Voters have also said to have gone back home since the wait time and queue was very long
Hyderabad : Telangana Elections started in 32,514 locations at 7 AM this morning. However, due to technical difficulties, the procedure was delayed in a couple of polling booths in the state. Voters have also said to have gone back home since the wait time and queue was very long.
In response to this, the Joint Chief Election Officer Ms. Amrapali said her team has a constant update on every polling booth through webcams and drone cameras. Every issue is being communicated and resolved proactively over phone calls.
On the issue of voting machines not working, she said, “The issues did occur in around 30-40 locations among a total of 32,514 locations which is a very small percentage. These are natural teething problems because the machines are sensitive and react differently to different temperature or lighting. Our teams have been on top of this and we are resolving them.”
The commision has arranged for ramps, pick up and drop facility for physically challenged voters. Security has been beefed up in sensitive areas like Kodangal and Old City. The situation seems to be under control at the moment.