KCR to take oath as Telangana CM on Thursday
Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao will take oath as the chief minister of Telangana on Thursday, according to sources
Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao will take oath as the chief minister of Telangana on Thursday, according to sources.
The TRS emerged victorious in the Telangana assembly elections on Tuesday, bagging 88 seats out of the 119-member assembly.
Rao, commonly known as KCR won from Gajewal constituency by over 50,000 votes while TRS candidate Talasani Srinivas Yadav, a minister in Rao’s government, has won from Sanath Nagar constituency by 30,217 votes. KCR son, KT Rama Rao, won from Sircilla with a margin of 89,909.
Prajakutami, an alliance of the Congress and Telugu Desam Party won 21 seats while the Bharatiya Janata Party bagged only one seat. All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen won 7 seats.
On December 7, single-phase elections were held in Telangana, wherein 73.2 per cent voter turnout was recorded.
- BJP first sent Advani to 'margdarshak mandal', has now snatched his constituency: Congress
- Communist leader Balwant Singh dies at 82
- BJP MLA Yogesh Verma shot at during Holi celebration in UP
- K L Chishi is Congress candidate for lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland
- Bombay High Court asks industrialist Vijaypat Singhania not to release autobiography till March 25