- Pathikonda police cracks kidnap case within hours
- Many Cong leaders await nominated posts allocation
- Did you know Fat Stores Result in Vitamin D Deficiency?
- Mahabubnagar: Manyam Brahmotsavam concludes on grand note
- EC debunks 'fake' WhatsApp message on LS poll dates
- Mahindra varsity to organise international meet on law & AI
- Navigating Menopausal Changes: A Guide to Managing Urinary and Sexual Health
- Officials told to gear up for pulse polio on March 3
- NCC cadets begin adventure ride on horseback
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
Rajasthan: Woman alleges forced conversion
A woman from the district has alleged of being blackmailed and converted to Islam after signing a fake marriage certificate
A woman from the district has alleged of being blackmailed and converted to Islam after signing a fake marriage certificate.
The lady hailing from Barmer has filed a complaint alleging that she was blackmailed and taken by a man to Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara, nine months ago.
The victim also claimed that she was made to sign fake marriage documents and was being sent to Dubai.
Recalling her ordeal, the victim said, "I was made to sign a blank paper, which later became a marriage document. I was forced to accept Islam and beaten up when refused. They planned to send me to Dubai. When I got chance I booked a ticket to home."
Speaking about the case, Barmer's Superintendent of Police, Rashi Dogra said, "Officer has to go to Jammu and Kashmir, so the investigation is taking time. She will get justice".
The victim also alleged that the police is yet to record her statement under Section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) and demanded protection.