Former CM of Karnataka state calls out for a CLP meeting
On Monday Siddaramaiah the former chief minister and Congress leader had called for another Congress Legislature Party CLP meeting at 11AM
BENGALURU (KARNATAKA): On Monday Siddaramaiah the former chief minister and Congress leader had called for another Congress Legislature Party (CLP) meeting at 11AM.
All MLAs have been directed to attend the meeting, It has been called for a day after the two Congress MLAs- Anand Singh and JN Ganesh- had a "minor fight".
On Saturday, Mallikarjun Kharge the senior Congress leader had said that the party would be issuing a show-cause to notice the MLAs who did not attend the CLP meeting that is being held in Bengaluru on Friday. "First, we will issue a show-cause notice asking for an explanation. Then we will take some action after discussion with the party members," he told a source.
The meeting on Friday had been skipped by Four Congress MLAs, which caused the Congress to move the rest of the 76 legislators to a resort. The purpose of the meeting was to be convened by the party to assess whether its flock was intact amid speculation that has been around, as some of the party MLAs had been switching over to the BJP.
- Delhi court stays NBWs against Kejriwal, others in defamation complaint
- BJP contests for more seats that Congress, national party status shoots up
- Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka to campaign in UP on Wednesday
- ND Tiwari's daughter-in-law arrested for murder of son Rohit Shekhar
- Entered politics so that no woman should be tortured, says Sadhvi Pragya