- Delhi HC seeks Centre's reply on plea against notification imposing restrictions on women for change of surname
- Telangana Food Lab Confirms Contaminated Chocolate
- 'Phir Aayi Hasseen Dillruba': Kanika Dhillon unmasks the real Dinesh Pandit
- New investments in semiconductor chips will remain in Asia but moving away from China: Moody's Analytics
- IndiaTech partners T9L to launch early-stage incubation programme for startups
- K’taka CM accepts controversial caste census report ahead of Lok Sabha elections
- Cabinet approves Rs 150 crore to set up global big cat alliance
- X App Audio and Video Calling Functionality Explained
- 12-member panel to supervise inventory of Ratna Bhandar
- Demystifying debt funds: A guide to secure investments
Chidambaram calls announcement to fill vacant railway posts another 'jumla'
Calling the Centres announcement of employing over four lakh people in Railways another jumla, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday said the Railway Ministry has suddenly woken up to posts lying vacant for nearly five years
New Delhi: Calling the Centre's announcement of employing over four lakh people in Railways "another jumla", former Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on Thursday said the Railway Ministry has "suddenly" woken up to posts lying vacant for nearly five years.
"Railways leave 2,82,976 posts vacant for nearly five years and suddenly wake up to say we will fill them in three months! Another jumla!" the Congress leader said in a tweet.
"The story is the same across many departments of the government. Vacant posts on one side, unemployed youth on the other," he added.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal had on Wednesday said that the Railways would employ over four lakh people by 2021. He also said that recruitment for 2.3 lakh vacant posts will be completed in the next two years.