NSCN(IM) elects new chairman, vice-chairman
The IsakMuivah faction of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland NSCNIM has unanimously elected Qhehezu Tuccu as the new chairman of the outfit
Kohima:The Isak-Muivah faction of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) has unanimously elected Qhehezu Tuccu as the new chairman of the outfit.
It also elected Tongmeth Wangnao as the vice-chairman of the organisation.
The chairman's post was lying vacant for over two years after the death of the founder-chairman of the NSCN(IM), Isak Chishi Swu on June 28, 2016 while the post of vice chairman fell vacant following the demise of Kholi Konyak on December 12, 2018.
Both Tuccu and Wangnao were elected for a tenure of six years, a release issued by the NSCN(IM) said.
NSCN (IM) general secretary, Th. Muivah, on Monday declared the two names at Camp Hebron, the faction's headquarters, the release said.
The NSCN(IM) is in ceasefire with the Centre since 1997 and negotiations are on to resolve the seven-decade-old Naga political problem.
A framework agreement was also signed between the Centre and the NSCN (IM) in August 2015.
- There's no difference between a terrorist organisation and TMC: BJP's CK Bose
- Maharashtra: Naxals call for bandh, torch truck in Gadchiroli
- 32% voting in West Bengal amid sporadic violence till 11 a.m.
- Chandra Babu Naidu meets Sharad Pawar again in Delhi
- Even corrupts have confidence, doesn't mean they will win: Anupam Kher