Baby delivered on train dies
A baby delivered aboard a moving train died in absence of medical treatment here on Wednesday
Ranchi:A baby delivered aboard a moving train died in absence of medical treatment here on Wednesday.
Indramani Devi, a resident of Jharkhand's Lohardaga district, had started getting labour pain while she was travelling with her husband to Ranchi by the Alappuzha-Dhanbad Express. She delivered a baby on train.
"We sought medical help from the railway, but did not get any. We had to rush to Sadar hospital when we got down at the Ranchi railway station," Indramani Devi told reporters.
At the Sadar hospital too, where she arrived with her baby in a jute bag, the doctors did not attend to her immediately.
By the time they looked at her, the baby was dead.
The couple belong to the Maoist-infested Lohardaga district and were not aware of the mobile and social media facilities provided by the Indian Railway.
- PM Modi has 'betrayed' people of Varanasi, must apologise: Congress
- In Balakot airstrike, Mirage 2000 jets successfully hit five out of six JeM targets: IAF Report
- Marketing gesture of courtesy bad politics: Mamata
- Voters are optimistic about today's India and their life: CVoter-IANS tracker
- Kirron Kher files nomination for Chandigarh