Baby delivered on train dies
A baby delivered aboard a moving train died in absence of medical treatment here on Wednesday
Ranchi:A baby delivered aboard a moving train died in absence of medical treatment here on Wednesday.
Indramani Devi, a resident of Jharkhand's Lohardaga district, had started getting labour pain while she was travelling with her husband to Ranchi by the Alappuzha-Dhanbad Express. She delivered a baby on train.
"We sought medical help from the railway, but did not get any. We had to rush to Sadar hospital when we got down at the Ranchi railway station," Indramani Devi told reporters.
At the Sadar hospital too, where she arrived with her baby in a jute bag, the doctors did not attend to her immediately.
By the time they looked at her, the baby was dead.
The couple belong to the Maoist-infested Lohardaga district and were not aware of the mobile and social media facilities provided by the Indian Railway.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students