NBT appoints Govind Prasad Sharma as Chairman
The National Book Trust NBT has appointed educationist and author Govind Prasad Sharma as its new Chairman
New Delhi: The National Book Trust (NBT) has appointed educationist and author Govind Prasad Sharma as its new Chairman.
NBT, an autonomous organisation under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, was previously chaired by Baldeo Sharma since 2015.
"Born in 1939, Sharma has served as the Principal of Government P.G. College, Madhya Pradesh. Later, he was appointed as the Additional Director of Higher Education (Gwalior Chambal Division) and has also been the Director of Madhya Pradesh Hindi Granth Akademi," NBT said in a statement on Monday evening.
Sharma also served as Vice Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, it added.
He is the author of more than six academic books and several research papers, and has edited a few collected works.
- Attempted break-in into IAF Rafale project team facility in France: Sources
- Government clears 4 judges name for position to Supreme Court
- Congress flays Election Commission for rejecting VVPAT slip count plea
- VVPAT count to be held at the end like in the past: EC source
- Indian Air Force Rafale office broken into in France