- 5 Powerful Tips to Rekindle Intimacy with Your Partner
- Haryana CM opens 'Sanjha Bazaar' for empowering women
- Nani teases with intense action in first glimpse of ‘Saripodhaa Sanivaaram’
- Villagers narrate how Shahjahan’s kin grew pisciculture business in Sandeshkhali using political clout
- Decline in FPI equity outflows despite rising bond yields in US
- Pawan Kalyan Balances Political Commitments and Film Shoot for 'OG
- National Pistachio Day: 5 compelling reasons to munch on pistachios every day
- HC dismisses Delhi University's plea against protests, deems it a police matter
- Vladimir Putin's war not only threatens Ukraine but also US: Antony Blinken
- Amit Shah to address public meet in MP ahead of LS polls
BJP leader Yashwant Sinha gets bail
BJP Leader Yashwant Sinha Gets Bail. Senior BJP leader and former union minister Yashwant Sinha was granted bail by a Hazaribagh court in Jharkhand, an official said Wednesday.
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader and former union minister Yashwant Sinha was granted bail by a Hazaribagh court in Jharkhand, an official said Wednesday.
Sinha moved the bail petition Tuesday, but arguments in the case were deferred till Wednesday as top party leader L.K. Advani was scheduled to meet him Tuesday.
After meeting Sinha in jail Tuesday, Advani did not rule out the possibility of a larger role for him in the state. Advani had also appealed him to seek bail and lead the agitation in the state.
Sinha was arrested June 2 while he was leading a demonstration against the state's poor power scenario and had locked up officials of the electricity board.
He was presented before the court June 3 where he refused to seek bail and was sent to judicial custody.
On Monday, Sinha's judicial custody was extended till June 28.
Fifity-seven Bharatiya Janata Party workers, who had also refused to seek bail, were also granted bail along with Sinha Wednesday.
BJP leaders Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain met Sinha in jail last week.