- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Rajnath meets Sheila Dikshit
Rajnath Meets Sheila Dikshit. Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit met Home Minister Rajnath Singh here Monday, the home ministry said.
New Delhi: Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit met Home Minister Rajnath Singh here Monday, the home ministry said.
The ministry tweeted that Dikshit met Rajnath Singh.
The meeting, coming a day after Maharashtra Governor K. Sankaranarayanan resigned, has given rise to speculation that the former Delhi chief minister might follow suit.
The UPA-appointed governors have constantly been under pressure to resign ever since the BJP government came to power in May.
After the Narendra Modi government took charge May 26, seven governors have resigned following the government's signals - B.L. Joshi (Uttar Pradesh), Shekhar Dutt (Chhattisgarh), Ashwani Kumar (Nagaland), M.K. Narayanan (West Bengal), B.V. Wanchoo (Goa), Vakkom B. Purushothaman (Mizoram) and K. Sankaranarayanan (Maharashtra).
Sankaranarayanan resigned Sunday after he was transferred to Mizoram on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday.
The only governor to be sacked is former Gujarat governor Kamla Beniwal -- first transferred to Mizoram and then sacked Aug 6 for "misuse of power".