- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
11 killed in Odisha accident
At least 11 people were killed when a mini truck carrying them hit a roadside tree in Odisha\'s Nabarangapur district, police said Saturday.
Bhubaneswar:At least 11 people were killed when a mini truck carrying them hit a roadside tree in Odisha's Nabarangapur district, police said Saturday.
Over a dozen people were injured in the accident which took place Friday night in a hilly and forested area near Jharigaon, over 700 kms from state capital Bhubaneswar.
The vehicle with over 50 people on board was on its way from Dabugaon to Chandahandi, police officer G.N. Manipatro told IANS.
The passengers were members of a local opera troupe who were going to Chandahandi to perform. The driver appeared to have lost his control and crashed into a road side tree, he said.