- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
- February 25: A memorable day for PM Modi
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker accepts Congress MLA S. Vijayadharani's resignation
- PM Modi dedicates healthcare facilities in Punjab, yoga institute in Haryana
UP Guv justifies his style of functioning, RSS ties
Veteran BJP leader Ram Naik justified, among other things, his decision to come out with a report card on his performance in the first 3-months as UP Governor, saying that communication with people was necessary in the democracy.
Mumbai: Veteran BJP leader Ram Naik justified, among other things, his decision to come out with a report card on his performance in the first 3-months as UP Governor, saying that communication with people was necessary in the democracy.
Speaking to reporters at Mumbai Marathi Patrakar Sangh, Naik sought to downplay the criticism he was facing from ruling Samajwadi Party over his pro-active style.
"I agree that earlier Governors never came out with report. I did that. You may give me credit, or criticise me. I am functioning within constitutional limits.”
He also defended his decision to invite RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to Raj Bhavan. "I have invited several political leaders.RSS leaders came to my house to have food. There was no meeting. Before taking oath as the Governor, I quit primary membership of BJP. There is no provision of resigning from RSS. One is a swayamsevak (volunteer) as long as he feels to be one. I consider myself a swyamsevak."