- Two dead after a TATA ACE vehicle collided with a bus at Kondareddy circle in Pileru
- Hit Gujarati horror thriller ‘Vash’ set for Hindi remake with Ajay Devgn
- Massive Fire Breaks Out In Delhi's Jahangirpuri
- ‘Asur 2’ creator reveals show didn’t have writers’ room initially
- Arya shares interesting things about ‘Sarpatta Parambarai 2’
- Andhra Pradesh: Devotees rush continues at Tirumala amid weekend
- Bandi lists out top 10 jokes by KCR to people
- Andhra Pradesh: Light to Moderate rains predicted in state for three days amid surface trough
- Oxfam India To Offer Affected People Emotional Support And Counselling
- WFI Chief Brij Bhushan To Address Rally On June 11 In UP
Gayatri Prajapati rape case: Three more accomplices of absconding SP leader arrested
Three more accomplices of absconding rape-accused minister Gayatri Prajapati were arrested on Tuesday by the UP Police in connection with the case against the SP leader.
Lucknow: Three more accomplices of absconding rape-accused minister Gayatri Prajapati were arrested on Tuesday by the UP Police in connection with the case against the SP leader.
With this, six persons named in the FIR against the 49-year-old SP leader have been picked up. "Today's arrests were made from Hazratganj area in central Lucknow," IG (Lucknow) A Satish Ganesh said.
Earlier Prajapati's two aides were arrested from Noida near Jewar on the Yamuna Expressway on March 7. The minister's security guard Chandrapal was arrested on March 6 near Lucknow Police lines.
Prajapati was booked on a Supreme Court directive and an FIR was lodged on February 17 against the minister and six others for allegedly gang-raping a woman and alleged attempt to rape her minor daughter.
The apex court had asked the UP Police to submit an action taken report regarding the incidents in eight weeks. UP Police plans to attached two properties of the minister in Lucknow and one in Amethi, his assembly constituency, to force him to surrender, SSP Lucknow Manzil Saini said.
A Look Out notice has already been issued against him as also a Non-Bailable Warrant. His passport too has been impounded. Earlier, airports across the country were alerted about the possibility of Prajapati trying to flee the country. In the just-concluded Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Prajapati lost from Amethi, the seat he held, to BJP.