Paswan's daughter takes on her father
Lok Janshakti Party LJP chief and Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswans daughter Asha Paswan on Sunday staged a protest against her own father for calling former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi an angootha chhapilliterate
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief and Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan's daughter Asha Paswan on Sunday staged a protest against her own father for calling former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi an 'angootha chhap'(illiterate).
Asha Paswan along with dozens of women carrying posters and banners staged the 'dharna' in front of the Lok Janshakti Party office near the Patna airport. She wants Ram Vilas Paswan to apologise to Rabri Devi. "My father should take back his words," she said.
A day earlier, Asha Paswan accused her father of insulting Rabri Devi, wife of the now jailed RJD leader Lalu Prasad and a former Chief Minister. Asha Paswan is daughter of Ram Vilas Paswan from his first wife Raj Kumari Devi. Asha Paswan's husband Anil Sadhu is an RJD leader and considered close to RJD leader Lalu Prasad's son, Tejashwi Yadav.
In an obvious reference to Rabri Devi, Ram Vilas Paswan had said on Friday that RJD believe in merely raising slogans and making 'angootha chhap' (illiterate) the Chief Minister.
- Delhi court summons lawyer Gautam Khaitan, 3 others in money-laundering case
- General VK Singh files his nomination paper from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha seat
- 43 injured as bus overturns in UP's Balrampur
- Aircel-Maxis case: Protection from arrest to Chidambaram, Karti extended till April 26
- RLD chief files nomination from Muzaffarnagar