Top

Give priority to farmers: Collector Rana

Give priority to farmers: Collector Rana
Highlights

She also directed them to conduct an audit on the loans that were distributed on the crops, groundnut seeds and subsidies on other farm equipment.

Nizamabad: District Collector Yogitha Rana told the officials of the Agriculture and Horticulture and other allied departments to take the interests of the farmers into consideration and implement schemes favourable to them.

The officials should be available to the farmers and help them out in their activities. Participating in a review meeting with officials of the Agriculture, Horticultural and Veterinary departments at the Collectorate in the town on Friday, she said that 70 per cent loans on crops should be distributed to the farmers by December 6 and the remaining 30 per cent loans should be distributed to them by December 15.

She also directed them to conduct an audit on the loans that were distributed on the crops, groundnut seeds and subsidies on other farm equipment.

The District Collector said that top priority should be given to the women’s Self-Help Groups (SHGs) while distributing the loans on farm equipment. She told the officials concerned to stay in the villages and organise awareness camps for farmers regarding the methods of cultivation and shifting cultivation.

Collector Rana said that the officials of the Horticulture Department should take measures and ensure that the beneficiaries under their department were selected in a transparent manner.

Farmers should be encouraged to grow new types of orchards and they should be given details of new hybrids, she added. She said that the farmers in every village under the Horticulture Department should be made aware of new types and methods of cultivation. First priority should be given to the farmers belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes while selecting beneficiaries under the Land Pooling System (LPS).

The District Collector said that gardens should be grown on the 62 acres of land in Bibipur Thanda (hamlet) and it should be developed into a model horticultural hub.

Farmers would be immensely benefited if orchards are grown at Bibipur, she added. She told the officials to inspect the bore wells without water and take corrective measures.

District Agricultural Officer Mohan Reddy, Deputy Director of Agriculture Sunanda Rani, Assistant Director of Veterniary department and others were present.

Show Full Article
Print Article

Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories