Mauni Amavaya: devotees throng Haridwar for holy dip in Har Ki Pauri ghat
Large number devotees thronged Har Ki Pauri ghat in Haridwar on Monday morning to take holy dip in the Ganges on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya.
Haridwar: Large number devotees thronged Har Ki Pauri ghat in Haridwar on Monday morning to take holy dip in the Ganges on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya.
According to reports, around 1.25 crore pilgrims and devotees are expected to take holy dip today on the pious occasion.
The authorities have made elaborate security arrangements to regulate the flow of devotees and to prevent occurrence of any untoward incident.
Mauni Amavasya, also known as Maghi Amavasya, falls in the middle of Magha month. It is believed that the water of holy river Ganga turns into the nectar on Mauni Amavasya day.
- Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh planning to set up permanent bases in eastern India: Home Ministry
- Surat fire: Toll climbs to 22, coaching class owner held, two on the run
- This Gujarat Woman's Cow Dung-Coated Car Is An Internet Sensation
- It was unfortunate : Gujarat CM on Surat Fire accident
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti