- Worm genetics reveals key pathways for sleep regulation: Study
- Cancel interim protection to Sameer Wankhede: CBI to Bombay High Court
- India, US discuss high-tech joint production ahead of PM Modi's visit
- India gets 57% below-average rains in first week of June
- President Murmu reaches Serbia on 3-day state visit
- Kharif crops' MSP rise in line with govt's many decisions for farmers' help: PM Modi
- Charge sheet against Brij Bhushan by June 15, WFI elections by June 30: Anurag Thakur
- Handball -One more in the IPL basket
- Yogi Govt to train 1,00,437 people to realise dream of 'Swachh Bharat' in rural UP
- Goods train wagons run over seven workers in Odisha, four killed
IPL loses lustre
Gambhir, Dhawan and KP sidelined New Delhi (PTI): Defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders might miss the services of their captain Gautam Gambhir...
Gambhir, Dhawan and KP sidelined
New Delhi (PTI): Defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders might miss the services of their captain Gautam Gambhir as the senior opener is down with jaundice.A Gambhir, who was in contention to replace an injured Shikhar Dhawan in the fourth Test against Australia, underwent a few blood tests and jaundice was detected ruling him out of the match starting on Friday.A As of now, he might require rest for a period of three weeks in order to get back in action.
There is a possibility that South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis or New Zealand's wicketkeeper-batsman Brendon McCullum might lead KKR in Gambhir's absence.A McCullum has already had an experience of leading KKR during the disastrous second edition in South Africa where they finished at the bottom of the heap.
But Kallis, if fit and available, will be the seniormost player and someone who is respected in the KKR ranks. So, Kallis seems to be the favourite to lead the side if Gambhir misses the first few matches of the IPL.A Latest batting sensation Shikhar Dhawan will also miss few matches of the Indian Premier League due to hand injury.
He will miss the fourth and final Test in Delhi and has been advised three-week rest.A Initially, defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders' skipper Gautam Gambhir was in contention to replace injured Dhawan but he is also likely to miss the first few matches in the Indian Premier League (IPL) due to jaundice. Dhawan has been advised six weeks rest and will miss some IPL matches for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Dhawan sustained a fracture in his left hand during the Mohali Test and was ruled out of the fourth Test against Australia.A In a big blow to Delhi Daredevils, their star batsman Kevin Pietersen was today ruled out of the upcoming Indian Premier League due to a knee injury which he sustained during the ongoing New Zealand tour.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said Pietersen experienced knee pain while fielding in preparation for the four-day game in Queenstown ahead of the Test series, which has failed to resolve satisfactorily.A "Recent scans confirm an injury to the right knee with bone bruising and possible cartilage damage to the kneecap. The 32-year-old will return to the UK for further investigations and specialist review," ECB said on its website.