- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar thanks PM Modi for MSP on crops
- French Open: Defending champ Swiatek ousts Gauff to book semifinal spot
- Meta Verified badge arrives to India, starts from Rs 699
- 20 bogies of goods train derail in Assam; no casualty
Windies down Pak
West Indies eked out a two-wicket win over Pakistan in a low-scoring Group B encounter to start their Champions Trophy campaign on a perfect note at...
West Indies eked out a two-wicket win over Pakistan in a low-scoring Group B encounter to start their Champions Trophy campaign on a perfect note at the Kennington Oval, here on Friday. Opting to bowl, paceman Kemar Roach and spinner Sunil Narine shared six wickets between them to help West Indies bowl out Pakistan for a paltry 170 in 48 overs.
Pakistan owed their total to skipper Misbah-ul-Haq, who laboured his way to an unbeaten 96 and shared a 91-run stand with opener Nasir Jamshed (50) for the fourth wicket. While chasing, West Indies made a heavy weather of the target before scampering home with two wickets in hand in 40.4 overs.
West Indies lost two wickets - Johnson Charles and Darren Bravo - early during their paltry chase of 171.
Pakistan: Imran Farhat c Dwayne Bravo b Roach 2, Nasir Jamshed c Rampaul b Narine 50, Mohammad Hafeez b Roach 4, Asad Shafiq c Rampaul b Roach 0, Misbah-ul-Haq not out 96, Shoaib Malik c Dwayne Bravo b Narine 0, Kamran Akmal c Ramdin b Narine 2, Wahab Riaz run out 6, Saeed Ajmal run out 2, Junaid Khan c Gayle b Dwayne Bravo 0, Mohammad Irfan c Dwayne Bravo b Rampaul 2
Extras: (LB-1, W-5) 6; Total: (all out in 48 overs) 170; Fall of wickets: 1-2, 2-14, 3-15, 4-105, 5-106, 6-110, 7-128, 8-136, 9-138, 10-170; Bowling: Kemar Roach 10-4-28-3, Ravi Rampaul 10-0-39-1, Dwayne Bravo 9-0-29-1, Marlon Samuels 5-0-17-0, Sunil Narine 10-1-34-3, Kieron Pollard 4-0-22-0.
West Indies: Chris Gayle b Ajmal 39, Johnson Charles c Wahab Riaz b Irfan 9, Darren Bravo c Akmal b Irfan 0, Marlon Samuels st Akmal b Hafeez 30, Ramnaresh Sarwan c Akmal b Riaz 1, Kieron Pollard c Akmal b Riaz 30, Dwayne Bravo lbw b Ajmal 19, Denesh Ramdin not out 11, Sunil Narine c Akmal b Irfan 11, Kemar Roach not out; Extras: (LB-10, W-5, NB-2) 17; Total: (for 8 wickets in 40.4 overs) 172; Fall of wickets: 1-11, 2-15, 3-78, 4-81, 5-94, 6-137, 7-143, 8-165; Bowling: Irfan 9-0-32-3, Khan 7.4-0-36-0, Ajmal 10-1-38-2, Riaz 10-1-42-2, Hafeez 4-0-14-1.