- WTC Final: Jadeja picked ahead of Ashwin as India win toss, elect to bowl first against Australia
- Nepal urges foreign investors to invest in tourism industry
- First batch of 630 pilgrims from Jammu and Kashmir leaves for Haj
- Man arrested in Delhi for blackmailing, sexually assaulting minor
- Kejriwal gets emotional talking about Sisodia
- Pope Francis to undergo intestinal surgery today
- WhatsApp rolling out feature that let users send HD photos on iOS, Android beta
- Israel launches 1st tourist marine nature reserve in Mediterranean
- Netflix to launch 'The Queen's Gambit Chess' game next month
- Bengal govt accused of diverting funds from scheme for paying Odisha train accident compensation
McCullum makes India favourites against Australia
Brendon McCullum Makes India Favourites Against Australia. New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum feels India are clear favourites to win the home ODI series against Australia starting Sunday. India Vs Australia, ODI Series, T20.
New Delhi: New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum feels India are clear favourites to win the home ODI series against Australia starting Sunday.
"In their own conditions, India are surely a formidable opposition. They are incredibly well led by MS Dhoni and have got some very successful players in their ranks. Australia are a better team than what the Ashes result showed. But I still think India will win at home," McCullum told IANS before leaving for Dhaka where he leads his team against Bangladesh.
Former New Zealand fast bowler Simon Doull concurred with his compatriot.
"I think India are definitely better in the batting department. On the bowling front, both teams are fairly equal. I just don't see Australians getting enough runs on the board to win the series," the cricketer-turned commentator told IANS.
The seven match ODI series begins at Pune and will be preceded by a Twenty20 International at Rajkot Thursday.