- QR code scams up in India, over 20K cases registered since 2017: Report
- Maha Kumbh tent city in UP to be spread across 4,000 hectares
- I believe geography will soon change in Pakistan and Balochistan: Arif Aajakia
- China issues alert for typhoon Koinu
- SPPL aims to do business worth Rs 500 cr this festive season: CEO
- Investigation agencies free to act against illegal activities: Anurag Thakur
- Strict action against communal rioters: Chief Minister Siddaramaiah
- OBC population in UP may be over 50%
- Pink bollworm hits early this crop cycle, gives heartburn to cotton farmers of Rajasthan
- Delhi Police visit Sitaram Yechury's residence to question staffer's son in NewsClick case
Wawrinka to play in Chennai Open
Stanislas Wawrinka To Play In Chennai Open. World Number eight Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka on Monday confirmed his participation in the 19th edition of the Aircel Chennai Open, India's only ATP World Tour tennis event, starting December 30.
Chennai: World Number eight Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka on Monday confirmed his participation in the 19th edition of the Aircel Chennai Open, India's only ATP World Tour tennis event, starting December 30. Last year, Wawrinka had partnered Frenchman Benoit Paire to lift the doubles title.
The Olympic doubles gold medallist will be participating in the tournament for the sixth successive year and would look to win title here second time, having triumphed here in 2011. The 28-year-old has had a terrific 2013 as he qualified for the season-ending ATP World Tour, where he reached semi-finals and lost to eventual champion Novak Djokovic.
Wawrinka compiled a career-best 51-23 match record in the season and had nine wins against Top 10 players. In September 2013, Wawrinka proved his class at the US Open yet again. He reached the quarterfinals for the first time in three years after a four-set win over Tomas Berdych and followed this by defeating defending champion Andy Murray in three sets for a first Grand Slam semifinal appearance.