India register ninth straight series win after drawing Kotla Test
India registered a record ninth straight series win after drawing the third and final Test against Sri Lanka at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Wednesday.
New Delhi:India registered a record ninth straight series win after drawing the third and final Test against Sri Lanka at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Wednesday.
Chasing an improbable 410, a defiant Sri Lanka rode on Dhananjaya de Silva's third Test century and debutant Roshen Silva's unbeaten half century to score 299/5, before both the captains decided to settle for the draw.
Roshen remained unbeaten on 74 while stumper Niroshan Dickwella was on 44 when the match ended.
With this, India clinched the three-Test rubber against the islanders 1-0 and also equalled Australia's record of nine consecutive series wins from 2005 to 2008.
- Actor-politician Jaya Prada joins BJP
- Gadkari declares assets worth Rs 25.12 crore in election affidavit
- DMK leader Thendral Selvaraj's son summoned in Pollachi sex scandal
- After a much Amid discussion and drama, BJP announces Bengaluru South Seat for 28-year-Old Tejasvi Surya
- Here is how to change your address on Voter ID Card Online