India register ninth straight series win after drawing Kotla Test
India registered a record ninth straight series win after drawing the third and final Test against Sri Lanka at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Wednesday.
New Delhi:India registered a record ninth straight series win after drawing the third and final Test against Sri Lanka at the Ferozeshah Kotla here on Wednesday.
Chasing an improbable 410, a defiant Sri Lanka rode on Dhananjaya de Silva's third Test century and debutant Roshen Silva's unbeaten half century to score 299/5, before both the captains decided to settle for the draw.
Roshen remained unbeaten on 74 while stumper Niroshan Dickwella was on 44 when the match ended.
With this, India clinched the three-Test rubber against the islanders 1-0 and also equalled Australia's record of nine consecutive series wins from 2005 to 2008.
- Naveen Patnaik says no national party will receive Majority in upcoming LS polls
- BJD announces 9 assembly constituencies candidates
- AAP in Delhi moves SC seeking constitution to decide who controls services
- Supreme Court dismisses plea challenging constitutional validity 'triple talaq' ordinance
- Congress Working Committee meets to finalise Congress manifesto