- Modi can become first Indian PM to address US Congress twice
- Tropical storm Mawar brings heavy rain to wide swathes of Japan
- Gold and silver rates today surged in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 03 June 2023
- Five dead and six injured as Toofan vehicle hits a lorry in Pileru
- Odisha Train accident 233 dead 900 injured
- Addition of sedition in rioting case: HC seeks police stand on Sharjeel Imam’s plea
- Another Congress ally backs Kejriwal on Ordinance row
- Delhi teen murder: Six inch long knife recovered by police
- Sushma’s daughter ‘defends’ Brij Bhushan
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots case: Supplementary charge sheet against Tytler approved
Women's Hockey WC: Indian eves eye first win against Ireland
The Indian womens hockey teamIndian womens hockey team will aim to clinch their first win in the ongoing World Cup 2018 when they lock horns with Ireland in their second Pool B match of the prestigious tournament here on Thursday
London [UK]: The Indian women's hockey team">Indian women's hockey team will aim to clinch their first win in the ongoing World Cup 2018 when they lock horns with Ireland in their second Pool B match of the prestigious tournament here on Thursday.
In the four-team Pool B, India are currently placed at the third spot after settling with a 1-1 draw against hosts England in their opening match on Saturday.
A victory for India will help them surge to the top spot in the group table while also brightening their chances of booking a place in the playoffs, ahead of the final group clash against the United States on Sunday.
Meanwhile, if Ireland manage to seal a win against India, then they will cement their spot in the knockout stages today itself.
Ireland are currently standing at the top spot after registering a convincing 3-1 win over the United States in their previous game.
As of now, England and the US have played two games each.
England are currently ranked second after playing out two draws, while the US is languishing down at the bottom with a draw and a defeat in hand.