- 'Engineer' Chief Minister has failed in Bihar: BJP ridicules Nitish Kumar
- UK: Manchester University flags cyber security breach, detects 'unauthorised activity'
- AI in current form no threat to jobs: Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- WTC Final: Would have picked Ashwin for his batting, let alone his bowling, says Steve Waugh
- ‘It’s at 30 when real adulting hits you,’ says Tamannaah Bhatia
- Here is the runtime of NBK’s ‘Bhagavanth Kesari’ teaser
- Indian-American White House Covid response coordinator to step down
- India open to FTA talks bilaterally or individually with African nations: Piyush Goyal
- Supreme Court seeks report from Madras HC on lack of women toilets at Nilgiris court complex
- Qantas eases gender-based uniform rules
Punnaiah to ‘manage’ Indian shuttlers
K Ch Punnaiah Chowdary was nominated as manager of the Indian badminton team for the Asian Games2018 slated to begin at Jakarta on Saturday
Vijayawada: K Ch Punnaiah Chowdary was nominated as manager of the Indian badminton team for the Asian Games-2018 slated to begin at Jakarta on Saturday.
The badminton events will be held from August 19 to 28. The appointment was announced by Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma on Thursday.
Choudary has completed five decades in the cause of promoting the sport, including serving as CEO of Andhra Pradesh Badminton Association (APBA) and as Vice-President of Badminton Association of India (BAI).
He was the first International umpire representing India in 1983, and officiated in 37 countries across the world. Amongst the first badminton coaches to qualify from NIS, Choudary has been Indian coach for six years earlier. He retired as Deputy Director of Sports Authority of AP (SAAP) in 1994.
APBA President TG Venkatesh, SAAP Chairman Dr P Ankamma Choudary, APBA senior officials T Narayana Reddy and Rayapati Ranga Rao, district unit’s President Ramineni Ram Mohan congratulated Punnaiah Choudary for the elevation.