- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 03 June 2023
- YS Jagan constitutes a high-level panel to inspect Odisha train accident site
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha train tragedy: Union Railway Minister Vaishnaw reaches spot
- APPSC Group-1 Mains examinations begins in Andhra Pradesh
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 03 June 2023
- Here is what ‘Mem Famous’ collected in the first week
- OTT: ‘Senapathi’ director’s next titled ‘Dayaa’
- Modi can become first Indian PM to address US Congress twice
- Tropical storm Mawar brings heavy rain to wide swathes of Japan
1st Test: India 56/4 at lunch vs Australia on Day One
A disciplined bowling attack by Australia left India at 564 at lunch on the first day of the first Test of the fourmatch series at the Adelaide Oval here on Thursday
Adelaide: A disciplined bowling attack by Australia left India at 56/4 at lunch on the first day of the first Test of the four-match series at the Adelaide Oval here on Thursday.
Cheteshwar Pujara and Rohit Sharma were batting on 11 and 15 runs respectively when the break was taken.
Opting to bat, the visitors were off to a disastrous start as opener K.L. Rahul's (2) thick edge was superbly taken by Aaron Finch at third slip off a Josh Hazlewood delivery with just three runs on board.
Soon, Murali Vijay (11) also followed his partner after falling in the seventh over, leaving India at 15/2.
With the addition of just four runs in the visitor's scorecard, pacer Pat Cummins gave a huge blow to India after packing back skipper Virat Kohli (3), thanks to a stunning catch by Usman Khawaja at gully.
Pujara and Rahane (13) then tried to put things back in control, adding 22 runs for the fourth wicket however, Hazlewood struck again in the the 21st over to dismiss the latter.
Incoming batsman Rohit Sharma and Pujara then played some sensible cricket as India crept past the 50-run mark.
Brief score: India 56/4 (Rohit Sharma 15, Ajinkya Rahane 13; Josh Hazlewood 2/17) vs Australia at Lunch on Day 1