- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Shakil Ahmed sets world record in Indoor rowing
Asian Cup gold medallist Shakil Amed has added one more feather to his cap when he set up a world record in indoor rowing by completing 1,00,000 one lakh metres in above40 years category here Sunday
Kolkata:Asian Cup gold medallist Shakil Amed has added one more feather to his cap when he set up a world record in indoor rowing by completing 1,00,000 (one lakh) metres in above-40 years category here Sunday.
A FISA level one coach, Shakil began his record-setting indoor rowing feat in Salt Lake stadium complex at 8 am on Sunday morning and achieved the milestone of covering 1,00,000 metres of simulated distance in 10 hours.
Secretary of West Bengal Rowing Association (WBRA) Souvik Ghosh and committee member Aniruddha Mukherjee said they would now certify the feat to the authorities of Limca Book of Records for entering the achievement in their record book.
Shakeel also has the record of completing 50,000 metres of simulated rowing in four hours and 13 minutes which is already in the Limca Record Book.
Rowing Federation of India General Secretary Girish Phadnis congratulated Shakil for the unique feat and said, "It is indeed a big achievement".