- Cancel interim protection to Sameer Wankhede: CBI to Bombay High Court
- India, US discuss high-tech joint production ahead of PM Modi's visit
- India gets 57% below-average rains in first week of June
- President Murmu reaches Serbia on 3-day state visit
- Kharif crops' MSP rise in line with govt's many decisions for farmers' help: PM Modi
- Charge sheet against Brij Bhushan by June 15, WFI elections by June 30: Anurag Thakur
- Handball -One more in the IPL basket
- Yogi Govt to train 1,00,437 people to realise dream of 'Swachh Bharat' in rural UP
- Goods train wagons run over seven workers in Odisha, four killed
- LIC holding in Tech Mahindra increases to 8.8 per cent
Goa to host Sepaktakraw World Cup in October
The International Sepaktakraw Federation ISTAF World Cup 2019 will be hosted by Goa, India and is scheduled to be held in the month of October, Dato Abdul Halim Bin Khader, BBM Title, Secretary General and Director General of International Sepaktakraw Federation, said here on Friday
Hyderabad: The International Sepaktakraw Federation (ISTAF) World Cup 2019 will be hosted by Goa, India and is scheduled to be held in the month of October, Dato Abdul Halim Bin Khader, BBM Title, Secretary General and Director General of International Sepaktakraw Federation, said here on Friday.
Dato Abdul Halim, who is also the President of the Asian Sepaktakraw Federation (ASTAF) announced the hosting of the World Cup in India at a press conference held at the chamber of Sports Authority of Telangana State (SATS) chairman Allipuram Venkateshwar Reddy at L.B Stadium in Hyderabad.
Though the date for the mega event has not yet been finalised, the Invitations for this prestigious event have been sent, he added. For the men’s category, both Asian and European players have been invited and for the women’s category, 10 Asian countries have been invited. He also said that Allipuram Venkateshwar Reddy is giving his best to make this sports event successful.
Allipuram Venkateshwar Reddy said that the Telangana Government will always be there to support Sepaktakraw players. STFI president Prem Raj, Olympic Association of Telangana president K. Ranga Rao, SGFI secretary Ram Reddy and O.U Principal Rajesh were also present.