IRCTC app for BlackBerry
IRCTC App For BlackBerry Mobile. With an eye on the growing usage of mobile applications, IRCTC has launched a new application to book tickets for BlackBerry smartphone users.
New Delhi: With an eye on the growing usage of mobile applications, IRCTC has launched a new application to book tickets for BlackBerry smartphone users. "The official IRCTC App can now be downloaded from BlackBerry Store on BlackBerry 10 smartphones and book train tickets using the App," said a senior IRCTC official.
The number of tickets booked through e-ticketing system on IRCTC website has gone up many times since capacity enhancement of the portal recently. It cost about Rs 100 crore to the Railway PSU for strengthening the ticketing site.
On an average, 7000 tickets are booked on the website per minute and about 5 lakh tickets are booked daily. CRIS, the technical arm of railways, was involved in the upgrading of the IRCTC website. With the IRCTC app on BlackBerry, one can plan journey with a tap of a finger. The official said the App is user friendly and easy to operate.
There are about 31 crore reserved tickets being booked in a year out of which 55 per cent tickets are sold through windows. While 37 per cent tickets are booked online, eight per cent are being booked by ticketing agents.
- FIR lodged against troll who threatened to rape Anurag Kashyap's daughter
- BJP getting highest vote share in country in HP shows people's overwhelming support for party:CM
- Venezuelan national apprehended at Delhi airport; cocaine seized
- Kamal Nath government may not continue beyond a month: BJP leader
- Jharkhand Congress chief resigns after poll debacle