- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
TDP legislators suspended from Telangana assembly for a week
Ten opposition legislators belonging to the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) were Thursday suspended from the Telangana state legislative assembly for a week for stalling proceedings.
Hyderabad: Ten opposition legislators belonging to the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) were Thursday suspended from the Telangana state legislative assembly for a week for stalling proceedings.
Speaker Madhusudhana Chary suspended the legislators as they stalled the debate on the budget.
Legislative Affairs Minister Harish Rao moved a resolution for suspension of the members. The speaker announced that the resolution is adopted by a voice vote.
The suspended lawmakers include TDP's floor leader E. Dayakar Rao and key leader Revant Reddy.
Protesting the suspension, the TDP legislators staged a sit-in at the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in the assembly premises. The police forcibly evicted them and shifted them to Goshamahal police station.