- The role of pH in skin health: How to support your skin’s natural barrier?
- Cabinet Meeting postponed due to health issues of CM KCR
- YS Jagan arrives in Vijayawada, to release YSR Vahana Mitra funds
- Heavy rains to lash Telangana for next 5 days
- PL Stock Report - Apar Industries (APR IN) - Event Update - Company to raise fund - Accumulate
- BJP warned of severe agitation if govt does not suspend SP and DCF
- Prabhudas Lilladher initiates coverage on Metro Brands
- WhatsApp to stop working on older phones! How to check compatibility
- 5 th World Coffee Conference witnessed 2609 delegates from 80 countries
- Rajahmundry Central Jail superintendent joins duties after completing wife's death rituals
Tap connections for all households: KTR
Tap Connections for All Households: KTR. Minister for Information Technology K T Rama Rao said the TRS government was taking steps to provide tap connections to all houses to obviate the need for women to trek long distance for fetching drinking water. He said efforts were under way at the field level to set up water grids.
Mancherial (Adilabad): Minister for Information Technology K T Rama Rao said the TRS government was taking steps to provide tap connections to all houses to obviate the need for women to trek long distance for fetching drinking water. He said efforts were under way at the field level to set up water grids.
Addressing a public meeting after laying foundation stone for development works to be taken up at a cost of Rs 5.56 lakh at Somanpalli village of Chennur mandal in the district on Sunday, he said the credit for raising the pension amount for the aged from Rs 200 to Rs 500 should go to the TRS government.
Rama Rao said the Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao had agreed to reimburse the scholarship amount worth Rs 1,856 crore owed by the previous Congress government to students. The decision was taken at the State Cabinet memeting recently.
Finance Minister Etala Rajender said the State government would provide pensions and scholarships to all eligible persons.
He said that fine quality rice would be supplied to the inmates of the social welfare hostels.
The government was moving towards establishing Bangaru Telangana with a well-chalked out action plan, he said.
Presiding over the function, Chennur MLA and Government Whip Nallala Odelu said they could successfully achieve statehood for Telangana and now they were striving for all-round development of the new State by implementing several social welfare programmes. He said schemes for drinking water, irrigation purposes, water grid, Kakatiya Mission would be taken up.
Later, the Ministers inspected the site meant for the construction of a water grid at L Madugu centre where the officials of the RWS, Irrigation and Engineering Departments explained to them in detail.
Peddapalli MP Balka Suman, Mancheriyal MLA Diwakar Babu, Sarpanch Tirupati Reddy, Zilla Parishad Vice-President Raji Reddy, Joint Collector Sundar Abnar and others were present.