- Rupee edges up as more foreign funds flow into stocks
- Telangana New CM Revanth Reddy Swearing-In Ceremony Live Updates
- Delhi court grants bail to an accused in 2020 riots case
- Wedding season expected to boost vehicle sales: FADA
- Q-Line Biotech (POCT Group) establishes medical equipment manufacturing unit in Lucknow
- BJP MLA Yatnal's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- National Microwave Oven Day 2023: Date, history and significance
- Get ready for Parliament elections...State Chief Election officer Lokesh Kumar
- Indian Coast Guard Executes Rescue Mission in Karwar Retrieves 27 Stranded Fishermen Safely from the Arabian Sea
- Nations must come up with clear signal for terminal decline of fossil fuel era
Khammam gets new Superintendent of Police
Dana Kishore and Rama Rajeshwari will be the new District Collector and Superintendent of Police of Khammam respectively. They replace D S Lokesh Kumar and Shahnawaz Qasim following the directives issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) late on Tuesday.
Khammam: Dana Kishore and Rama Rajeshwari will be the new District Collector and Superintendent of Police of Khammam respectively. They replace D S Lokesh Kumar and Shahnawaz Qasim following the directives issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) late on Tuesday.
It may be recalled here that reacting to the complaint lodged by the Congress that the ruling TRS was misusing the official machinery to take undue advantage in the Palair by-poll, the ECI has ordered the transfer of the Collector, SP and the Returning Officer (RO) of Palair Assembly constituency, where a bypoll will be held on May 16.
The poll panel asked the Chief Secretary of the Telangana Government to suggest three names each for the posts of District Collector, Superintendent of Police and Returning Officer. Among these, the poll panel picked Dana Kishore, who is currently the Managing Director of Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWS&SB).
While R Rama Rajeshwari, who is the SP of Ranga Reddy district, is the new SP of Khammam, Warangal Deputy Collector B Shankar has been appointed as the new Returning Officer. It’s learnt that Dana Kishore is expected to take charge on late on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer Anil Kumar Jha, who was sent by the ECI, has reviewed the by-poll arrangements.
Accompanied by Joint Collector D Divya, RDO Vinay Krishna Reddy and Municipal Commissioner Venugopal Reddy, he visited Tirumalayapalem, Kusumanchi and Nelakondapalli mandals.