- PL Technical Research: STOCK RADAR - IGL
- Hyderabad: Secunderabad Cantt logs top voter turnout with 47.14 %
- 8 key infra sectors rise 12.1% in Oct
- Markets rise for 3rd session in a row
- Fire breaks out in a boat at Kakinada coast, 11 fishermen rescued
- 5G rollout subject to funding: VIL CEO
- Hyderabad: BRS party will not get more than 25 seats says Revanth Reddy
- SAT favours Goenka in ZEEL case
- B’luru hosts majority self-made entrepreneurs
- GDP growth zooms 7.6% in Q2
BJP not to contest Palair by-election
The Bharatiya Janata Party has decided not to contest the byelections for the Palair Assembly constituency in Khammam district.
Hyderabad: The Bharatiya Janata Party has decided not to contest the byelections for the Palair Assembly constituency in Khammam district. According to Telangana BJP president Dr K Lakshman, the party decided to stay neutral in the Palair byelections. The BJP would neither field its candidate nor support any other candidate in the byelections, he said.
TDP and YSRCP too are not contesting in the Palair by-polls and they have withdrawn in favour of Congress candidate Sucharitha Reddy, the widow of sitting MLA Ramreddy Venkat Reddy whose demise led to by-polls. Polling for the Palair by-polls is scheduled to be held on May 16.