- World Heart Day: How To Secure Your Heart
- Khammam: Elaborate security arrangements for Ganesh idol immersion
- AP High Court serves notices to 26 people in criminal contempt petition
- DMX announces the successful completion of its seed funding round
- Ganesh immersion: Bandi slams officials
- Threads allow users to delete accounts without leaving Instagram
- 50% of workers likely to permanently shift to hybrid work globally
- No one can stop this movement: Nara Bhuvaneswari clarified at a protest camp in Seethanagaram
- Karimnagar DCCB bags national awards
- Govt releases Rs 87 crore to Nalgonda Municipality
Aruna accuses govt of passing the buck
Alleging that the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) government had no sincerity on construction of irrigation projects, former minister and Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) vice-president DK Aruna said the State government was passing time with ‘sentiment politics’ and indulging in irregularities.
Hyderabad: Alleging that the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) government had no sincerity on construction of irrigation projects, former minister and Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) vice-president DK Aruna said the State government was passing time with ‘sentiment politics’ and indulging in irregularities.
Speaking to the media at Gandhi Bhavan here on Monday along with former MLA Praveen Reddy, Aruna asked Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao to speed up construction of projects. Alleging that the TRS government was making baseless allegations against the Congress with an intention to cover up irregularities in the irrigation projects, she faulted Harish Rao for questioning the stand of the Congress on Palamur projects.
She reminded that the Congress was the party which took up Palamur project survey works at a cost of Rs 7 crore. Asserting that previous Congress government had completed 90 percent of works of four projects, which would irrigate eight lakh acres, Aruna said the TRS government was trying to fool the people by proposing new projects.
She said the Irrigation Minister failed to explain why the estimates of Palamur Project were increased to Rs 40,000 crore. Aruna said the projects would not be completed. She demanded that the TRS government complete Kalwakurthy, Bheema, Nettempadu and Koilsagar projects immediately.