- Telangana to roll out Biodiversity Plan tomorrow
- CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy to lay foundation for ethanol distillery plant today
- Vijayawada: Do not use village/ward volunteers for election duties
- Gold rates in Delhi today stable, check the rates on 04 October, 2023
- YSRCP conspiring to create trouble at Varahi Yatra at Pedana: Pawan
- PL TECHNICALS DAILY MORNING REPORT - Oct 4
- Aghast over denial of 2BHK houses, families hold protest in Rajendranagar
- Agra Akhand JyotRath Yatra reaches many districts in Telangana
- Rajamahendravaram: Students told to study with self-confidence
- Vijayawada: Collector launches 10-day electric 2-wheeler exhibition
TRS failed to develop State: Congress
Its time for the people to teach a fitting lesson to the Telangana Rashtra Samithi TRS, which failed to fulfill its promises, Warangal East Congress candidate Vaddiraj Ravichandra said
Warangal: It’s time for the people to teach a fitting lesson to the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), which failed to fulfill its promises, Warangal East Congress candidate Vaddiraj Ravichandra said.
Speaking at election rallies here on the last day of campaigning on Wednesday, he said that Congress is determined to ensure social justice. “It’s in fact, Sonia Gandhi, who gave Telangana,” he said, urging people to give mandate to Praja Kutami (People’s Front) candidates.
“It’s surprising to see TRS giving ticket to Nannapuneni Narender, who as the Mayor of the city, didn’t achieve anything significant,” he said, referring to the lack of development in the city in last four-and-a-half-year rule of the TRS.
He said that all-round development is possible only with the Congress. The TRS government was insensitive towards the youth, who have been desperately waiting for recruitment notifications. The TRS ignored the very concept of the Telangana Movement, which was based on ‘Neellu, Nidhulu and Niyamakalu’ (water, funds and employment), he alleged.
Moreover, the TRS leadership after it was voted to power in 2014 totally ignored those persons, who really fought for separate Telangana, he said, criticising the TRS leadership for giving importance to leaders defected from other parties.
Earlier, the People’s Front workers took out a bike rally covering all arterial junctions in the city. The bike rally was supported by various organisations. On the other hand, Ravichandra’s wife Vijayalaxmi also took part in the electioneering.
“There is no point in releasing new election manifesto for the TRS leadership, which failed to implement its 2014 poll promises,” she pointed out. Vijayalaxmi said that TRS candidates have no moral right to seek votes from people as their government did nothing for the poor and downtrodden. Earlier, Ravichandra-Vijayalaxmi couple performed Chandi and Sudasrhana Yagams.