- Congress OBC state chief demands SCS for AP
- MVV Satyanarayana extends financial assistance to kin of deceased in Visakha
- YS Jagan to visit Visakhapatnam today to participate in Vision Visakha conference
- KCR announces candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- CM to dedicate Veligonda project to nation tomorrow
- JSP coordinators told to work for victory of TDP-JSP alliance
- Need to increase agri export stressed
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 5 March, 2024
- Gold rates in Hyderabad slashes today, check the rates on 05 March, 2024
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 05 March, 2024
Power shutdown worsens: transformers, feeders trip
Power shutdown worsens: transformers, feeders trip. State suffered black outs for the third consecutive day on Tuesday with the electricity employees of Seemandhra region boycotting their duties in protest against the bifurcation of state
State suffered black outs for the third consecutive day on Tuesday with the electricity employees of Seemandhra region boycotting their duties in protest against the bifurcation of state. Many parts of the state particularly Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema districts reeled under power crisis duo to shut down in power generation and stalling repairs of transformers and sub stations tripped in some areas.
Operations pertaining to power generation remained came to a standstill in RTPP (Rayalaseema Thermal Power Project) in Kadapa , NTPPS ( Narla Tatarao Thermal Power Station ) in Vijayawada, Srisailam and Sagar hydel units as the employees abstain from their duties. Adding to this, the employees also boycotted duties in Donkarai hydel station in Visakhapatnam and Simhadri Thermal Power station with a capacity of 600 MW. The APGENCO officials said the generation of 4100 MW has come to a halt in the public and private owned power generation centers. The state has a demand of 11500 MW but only 8100 MW is being supplied.
Engineers working in NTTPS (Narla Tatarao Thermal Power station) in Vijayawada, RTPS ( Rayalaseema Thermal Power station ) in Kadapa abstain from their duties. Power generation in the seven units of NTTPS with a capacity of 1500 MW and at 1050 MW in RTPS was completely shut. The hydel power generation units in Srisailam and Sileru were also not exception.
Duo to ongoing strike, interruption in power supply was found in 220 kv sub stations in Eastern Power Distribution Company (APEPDCL) and SPDCL Southern Power Distribution Company. Demand has fallen down in EPDCL, SPDCL as feeders were tripped at 33 KV Level and interruptions at 220 kV level.
Over 100 feeders and 166 transformers have tripped, and there was no one to rectify them. Substations have tripped in Anantapur, Kurnool and Kadapa districts.
The emergency services including health and drinking water supply were also affected due to unscheduled power cuts in Seemandhra region. Power outages lasting for two to three hour had become inevitable in Hyderabad also.