Lions Club members told to improve economic status of the needy
Lions Club multiple chairman Prof V Gopal Reddy asked the club members to reach out to the needy with service activities to improve their economic status.
Warangal: Lions Club multiple chairman Prof V Gopal Reddy asked the club members to reach out to the needy with service activities to improve their economic status.
Lions Club has been known for its charitable activities and the clubs’ Hanamkonda chapter has been at the top for the past 12 years in by conducting programmes for the welfare of the poor and underprivileged, he said.
Prof Gopal Reddy took part in the general body meeting of Lions Club, Hanamkonda on Monday where sewing machines were distributed to the select beneficiaries as part of livelihood support measures.
The club member Santhosh Madani and his parents Mohanlal and Sarala handed over the sewing machines to several women.
The club secretary K Subhash presented an annual report on the clubs’ activities. Lions Club Hanamkonda president Y Mahender Reddy, programme committee chairman Ch Devender Reddy, co-chairman G Purushotham, treasurer B Narasimha Reddy and others were present.
- ISIS boat reportedly sets off from Sri Lanka, Kerala coast on high alert
- Congress worker killed by suspected Naxals in Chhattisgarh
- CJI sexual harassment case: BCI disappointed over views of 2 ex-SC judges
- 52 Congress Lawmakers Come From 18 States, Union Territories
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust