- Telangana: 25 government polytechnic colleges get NBA accreditation
- Sriharikota: India successfully puts into orbit its first 2nd Gen navigation satellite
- 2018: Day 3 Collections in AP and TS
- Here Is The First Peek Combo Of Pawan Kalyan And Sai Dharam Tej From The ‘Bro: The Avatar’
- Education department issued guidelines for reopening of schools
- Karnataka: YS Sharmila meets DK Shivakumar in Bangalore
- WhatsApp Update: WhatsApp to allow screen sharing during video calls
- Fire Accident On The Sets Of Pawan Kalyan’s Hari Hara Veera Mallu
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 29-05-2023
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 29-05-2023
Wrestling national camp to be held from Sept 1 to 30
The national camp for wrestlers will be held in September, the Sports Authority of India announced on Saturday.
New Delhi: The national camp for wrestlers will be held in September, the Sports Authority of India announced on Saturday. The camp is scheduled to be held from September 1 to 30 with the men training at the SAI centre in Sonepat and the women in Lucknow. "A total of 26 wrestlers in eight weight categories - 5 in freestyle (57, 65, 74, 86, 125kgs) and 3 in Greco-Roman (60, 77, 87kgs), as well as six support staff will participate in the men's wrestling camp at Sonepat, while a total of 15 wrestlers in five categories (50, 53, 57, 62, 68kgs) and four support staff will participate in the women's wrestling camp at Lucknow," said SAI.
"Wrestlers who will be part of camps include Ravi Kumar, BajrangPunia, NarsinghYadav, Deepak Punia, Sumit, Gyanender, Sajan, Sunil Kumar, Nirmala Devi, VineshPhogat, PoojaDhanda, Sakshi Malik and DivyaKakran."
Among the wrestlers named by SAI, many have been training in their own capacities. Deepak Punia, Ravi Kumar and Sumit have been training at Chhatrasal stadium in the national capital while BajrangPunia has been training at the Inspire Institute of Sport (IIS) in Bellary under his coach Shako Bentinidis. "The athletes, coaches and support staff joining SAI Sonepat and SAI Lucknow will be given SAI's mandatory COVID-19 test upon arrival at the camp and resume training after a 14-day quarantine. The COVID-19 guidelines of the government of India, state government and the SAI SOP will be adhered to strictly," SAI further said. Deepak, Ravi and Bajrang are the male wrestlers who have qualified for the Tokyo Olympics while Vinesh is the only female wrestler to have sealed qualification.