- Lone Wolf operators at large?
- Five including three kids killed in fatal road accident
- Ambati Rambabu responds of Prashant Kishor’s comments on Jagan
- AP BJP chief reacts on alliance with TDP and Jana Sena
- Techie dies of heart attack while playing cricket
- Denied LS ticket, Harsh Vardhan quits politics
- NASA sends next batch of astronauts to ISS
- MLC Bharat unveils sandalwood smuggler Verappan’s memorial
- Delhi Government's 10th Annual Budget: Embracing "Ram Rajya" Principles For Inclusive Governance
- Citizens feels scorching heat ahead of Summer in Telangana
45 fall sick after drinking toddy in Vikarabad
Forty-five persons fell sick after consuming spurious toddy here on Friday at Chittigidda of Nawabpet mandal and Erravalli of Vikarabad.
Forty-five persons fell sick after consuming spurious toddy here on Friday at Chittigidda of Nawabpet mandal and Erravalli of Vikarabad. The affected persons were shifted to private and government hospitals for treatment.
On learning the incident, Vikarabad MLA Anand directed the district medical and health official to set up medical camps in Erravelli and Chittigidda. So far, 10 persons who were admitted to hospital were discharged and some others were shifted to a hospital in Hyderabad for better treatment.
Meanwhile, the police launched an inquiry into the incident and are questioning the villagers.
The villagers believed that they consumed the spurious toddy and started feeling the side-effects. They said that drink regularly but had no idea what happened to them this time and realized that it was spurious toddy after noticing many people facing similar problems.