- IIT Madras ties up with Ericsson for joint research in responsible AI
- RBI imposes penalty on SBI, Indian Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank
- Did Chandrababu commit mistake by working for welfare of AP, asks Bhuvaneswari
- Libya floods: Chief prosecutor jails 8 govt officials for deadly collapse of dams
- Average F&O traders less likely to be keen on evening session on NSE
- BJP's agenda is 'wait for your rights but vote for us now': AICC spokesperson
- Asian Games: Indian men's hockey team looks to improve PC conversion rate against Singapore
- Regional parties need to unite for good of country, says Sukhbir Badal at INLD rally in Haryana
- Centre extends time period for stock limits on tur, urad by two months till Dec 31
- AIADMK severs ties with BJP-led NDA alliance, to lead separate front in '24
Bhongir: Rythu Utsav turned battle ground for Congress, BRS leaders
Congress and BRS cadres clashed at Rythu Utsav organised at Bollepalli Rythu Vedika in Yadadri-Bhongir district on Saturday.
Bhongir : Congress and BRS cadres clashed at Rythu Utsav organised at Bollepalli Rythu Vedika in Yadadri-Bhongir district on Saturday.
While the programme was underway, district Congress president and Bhongir constituency in-charge Kumbham Anil Kumar Reddy stopped the proceedings midway stating that the ruling party has not right to conduct such events when farmers of the district are suffering. The Congress and BRS leaders had a heated argument.
“Two months have passed and grain has not been procured from the farmers. Why are there celebrations,” Congress leader Anil Kumar Reddy party workers confronted the State Oil Fed Chairman Kancharla Ramakrishna Reddy. They got into an argument while mentioning the problems of the farmers stating “how will you celebrate when the farmers are starving”.
Anil said that BRS party, which has filed cases against the displaced farmers of the Regional Ring Road and jailed them, has no right to organise the Rythu Utsav. A scuffle broke out between the two groups and the chairs were thrown at each other. The police intervened and controlled both the groups. Farmer Ustav programme was stopped mid-way due to ruckus in the meeting.