- Is India ready to adopt the EV ecosystem?
- World Environment Day: Fashionable Choices to #BeatPlasticPollution
- Cancer Survivor's Day: How Can I become a cancer survivor
- Pawan Kalyan's 'OG' begins third schedule today
- Cancer Survivor's Day: Celebrating the Strength and Resilience of Cancer Survivors By Dr P Vijay Anand Reddy
- CM Ashok Gehlot to Launch Gas Cylinder Subsidy Yojana on Monday.
- Anasuya liplock goes viral in social media
- Union Railway Minister ordered CBI probe into Odisha Triple Train Accident
- Two dead after a TATA ACE vehicle collided with a bus at Kondareddy circle in Pileru
- Hit Gujarati horror thriller ‘Vash’ set for Hindi remake with Ajay Devgn
Chinnamma's role in T formation remembered
Not just the leaders of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) but also politicos cutting across political affiliations paid tribute to former External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj who was often described as 'Chinnamma' (mother’s sister) in Telangana.
Warangal: Not just the leaders of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) but also politicos cutting across political affiliations paid tribute to former External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj who was often described as 'Chinnamma' (mother's sister) in Telangana.
It may be mentioned here that Sushma Swaraj breathed her last following a massive heart attack in Delhi on Tuesday. "Sushma Swaraj was indeed Chinnamma because of her passionate support to Telangana statehood," party's Warangal Urban District President Rao Padma Reddy said, paying obeisance to veteran leader here at a meeting on Wednesday.
Padma Reddy said that Sushma ji was a remarkable leader who devoted her life to public service, and she remains a source of inspiration for politicos. Not to mention her services to the nation, Sushma's concern towards the people of Telangana was immense. As Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma's role during separate Telangana agitation is unforgettable as she always spoke about the injustice meted out to Telangana in the combined Andhra Pradesh.
"The untimely death of Sushma who was an exceptional Parliamentarian and a gifted orator is huge loss for the nation," Rao Padma said. Several leaders in Warangal recalled the crucial role played by Sushma during the passage of Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation – 2014 bill. Senior leaders Gandrathi Yadagiri, G Narsaiah, Kolanu Santhosh Reddy, Sangani Jagadeeshwar, M Suresh, P Rajendraprasad, M Ramesh, P Rajender and M Vinod were among others present.