- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Congress opposes change of seats in Assembly
The Congress has opposed change of the seating arrangements in the Assembly and submitted a memorandum to Speaker Pocharam Srinivas Reddy on Saturday.
Hyderabad: The Congress has opposed change of the seating arrangements in the Assembly and submitted a memorandum to Speaker Pocharam Srinivas Reddy on Saturday.
Leader of CLP in Assembly Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka and MLA D Sridhar Babu met the Speaker and submitted the memorandum. In the memorandum Vikramarka has said that the government was not giving due respect to the voice of the opposition.
He said that All India Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) which was a friendly party of ruling TRS was given the main Opposition status.
He said allocation of the block of the Congress to MIM was nothing but suppression of voice of the opposition.
He said that it was the Congress which has more number in the Assembly. He demanded that the Speaker reallot the seats in the Assembly.