- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
EC gives shock to BJP; rejects permission for anti-KCR poster campaign
The Election Commission of India (ECI) administered shock to the BJP in Telangana by rejecting permission for a poster campaign against Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao.
Hyderabad: The Election Commission of India (ECI) administered shock to the BJP in Telangana by rejecting permission for a poster campaign against Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao.
The saffron party sought permission from the Media Certification Committee of the EC for holding a poster campaign called 'Saalu Dora - Selavu Dora (Enough Elder Man- Bye elder man).
The committee expressed its objection over the campaign and asked the State BJP leadership to stop the campaign immediately. It also asked the party to not publish any anti-KCR posters as part of its campaign. The committee made it clear to the saffron party that any kind of political campaign should not insult or denigrate the image of the leaders of the political parties. The BJP has applied to the EC about its poster campaign and sought permission.