- Andhra Pradesh: Light to Moderate rains predicted in state for three days amid surface trough
- Oxfam India To Offer Affected People Emotional Support And Counselling
- WFI Chief Brij Bhushan To Address Rally On June 11 In UP
- Sharwanand Weds Rakshita In A Grand Ceremony At Leela Palace In Jaipur
- NTR centenary celebrations held grandly under the direction of VB Entertainments
- Oscar Isaac wants Pedro to join ‘Spider-Verse’ as a ‘cranky, old Spider-Person’
- Prashanth Neel Biography: Personal life to present projects
- ‘Spider-Man’ actor praises SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus ‘RRR’
- Dua Lipa slams UK Government's 'small-minded' language towards Albanians
- Vicky and Sara’s Zara Hatke Zara Bachke gives relief to Bollywood after Pathaan
Gold worth Rs 20.25 lakh seized at Hyderabad airport
The Customs officials seized gold worth Rs 20.25 lakh from a passenger arrived from Dubai at Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
The Customs officials seized gold worth Rs 20.25 lakh from a passenger arrived from Dubai at Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. The officials on Tuesday said they detected and seized gold foil wrapped in black carbon paper.
The gold foil which weighed 407 grams was valued at Rs 20.25 lakh. The passenger concealed gold foil in black carbon paper, which was seized from his checked in baggage.
In the recent weeks, the customs department detected several cases of passengers smuggling in gold in different forms and are also using innovative ways to conceal the yellow metal.
The gold seized by the officials today comes two days after gold valued at Rs 1.36 crore was seized from a passenger who came from Dubai. The officials detected and seized 2715.800 grams of gold items valued at Rs 1.36 crore from him. Gold chains and gold in paste form were hidden inside hand baggage and checked in baggage.
On January 11, 1.48 kg gold valued at Rs 72.80 lakh was seized from three women passengers who arrived from Dubai.
The gold was seized in three separate cases. Two of the passengers had hidden the gold inside undergarments while the third had concealed it in rectum.
The officials on January 10 recovered 442.6 grams of gold valued at Rs 21.70 lakhs from a passenger who arrived from Dubai. The gold in paste form was concealed inside specially stitched pocket of underwear.
A day earlier, they recovered gold in paste form from a passenger who had concealed it in the bandages tied to calves of both the legs.
They seized 970 grams of gold valued at Rs 47.55 lakhs from a male passenger who arrived from Sharjah.