- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
Hyderabad airport gets new interim domestic arrivals terminal
- Hyderabad airport gets interim domestic arrivals terminal
- Spicejet SG 468 passengers were the first to experience the facility
Coinciding with the 11th anniversary of Shamshabad airport, the GMR led-Hyderabad airport commissioned new interim domestic arrivals terminal (IDAT) on Saturday.
The new terminal is spread across 4,000 square metres at the east of the existing passenger terminal building, the IDAT is an exclusive Domestic Baggage Reclaim Concourse primarily serving the passengers arriving on aircraft, parked on remote stands.
Apart from the 45-meter length four new baggage carousel, the terminal is also designed to handle 50 per cent of the domestic arrival traffic, amounting to around 30,000 passengers daily.
The passengers of SpiceJet SG 468 airline were the first among the domestic travellers who experienced the new facility.