- The Future of AI and Data Science Training: Insights from Logicmojo’s Curriculum
- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
Hyderabad: Nala works delayed, cause traffic snarls
Dabeerpura nala progress at a snail’s pace; Traffic jams in other areas, too
Hyderabad: Dabeerpura nala works that were started a year ago still remain uncompleted. Residents allegedly said that higher officials including GHMC commissioner Lokesh Kumar, Zonal Commissioner Ashok Samrat, besides MP Asaduddin Owaisi and MLA Syed Ahmed Pasha Quadri, inspected the issue several times in the past but no action has been taken till date.
Principal Secretary (MAUD) Arvind Kumar visited Dabeerpura on May 27, 2020 and assured completion of works in four weeks of time. The works are still going on a snail's pace.
"Electric poles that are hindering the nala work have been shifted. But retaining wall and slab constructions are not picking up the pace. I doubt completion of the work even in next two months. Now, the officials will find excuse because of monsoons," said Mohammed Abdul Rahman, a social activist.
"Traffic issues have arisen following delay in the works. Regular traffic jams are seen in Dabeerpura and in surrounding areas including Yakatpura, Purani Haweli, Noor Khan Bazar, Darulshifa and Kali Bhabar.
Commuters are facing hardships as the nala is kept open for works," said Shaik Kaleem.