- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
- Rahul promises immediate implementation of women reservation bill if voted to power
- Dengue cases rise in Bihar
- Manipur govt suspends ‘Free Movement Regime’ along Myanmar border, asks Center to close it permanently
Khammam: Glowing tributes lavished on NTR
Members belonging to various parties celebrated former Chief Minister NT Rama Rao’s 100th birth anniversary here in a grand manner here on Sunday.
Khammam: Members belonging to various parties celebrated former Chief Minister NT Rama Rao’s 100th birth anniversary here in a grand manner here on Sunday. They paid lavish homage to NTR and praised his services.
The leaders on the occasion recalled the services of NTR to the then united State and Telugu people. He brought a great recognition to the Telugu people in the country.
Mayor P Neeraja, SUDA Chairman Bachu Vijay Kumar, BJP district president Galla Satyanarayana, Parliamentary Convener (BJP) NamuburiRamalingeswara Rao, and TDP politician KurapatiVenkateswara Rao, and others attended the event.
Telugu Association of North America (TANA) leader Talluri Jaya Sekhar and NTR statue organising committee chairman Dodda Ramu also celebrated NTR’s birth anniversary in a befitting manner. Originally, TANA and NRIs planned to install NTR’s statue made in the form of Lord Krishna in Khammam. High Court stayed the event, pending its decision in the matter.
Jaya Sekha, former TANA president,heaped praise on NTR. He appreciated NTR’s services and called him a ‘people’s man.’ He said that the legendary leader was still ruling the hearts of Telugus for yeoman service as an actor and a statesman.