- Byju's saga: Investors, edtech company battle it out at NCLT
- Renowned environmentalist K M Chinnappa dies at 84
- MWC 2024: Harvard Labs' Polar ID: A Game-Changer in Smartphone Security
- Is Rashmika Mandanna Confirming Her Marriage with Vijay Deverakonda? Fans Speculate After Viral Post.
- Rajeshwar Rajesh addressed awareness meeting
- Tamirisa Ramacharyulu statue unveiled
- Delhi HC laments concealment of income in matrimonial cases, upholds maintenance order
- Yakshagana commemorative postage stamp unveiled
- ‘Unity, not victory our priority,’ says Kumaraswamy on Rajya Sabha polls
- Newly inaugurated science centre attracting tourists
Man attempts suicide over love failure in Mancherial
A young man has attempted suicide by pouring petrol on himself, the police who became alert has saved his life.
Mancherial: A young man has attempted suicide by pouring petrol on himself, the police who became alert has saved his life. This incident has happened under Mancherial police station limits.
According to the police, M Sagar (22), a native of Itkyal village in Luxettipet Mandal has moved to Chunnam Batti Wada in Mancherial and works as a painter.
For the past some time, he was after a young woman, who also resides in the same area in the name of love. On Sunday, Sagar went to the woman's house and had an argument with her to accept his proposal.
With this, the girls family members came to Sagar's room and warned him and told that if he doesn't change his way, then they will file a complaint with the police.
On fearing about the case, Sagar himself approached the police station, by the time he reached the PS, the girl's family members have already lodged the complaint. In this context, he took out the petrol bottle which he brought, poured it and set fire on himself.
Immediately, the police became alert and rushed him to Mancherial government hospital. Later, he was shifted to Karimnagar for better treatment. Over receiving the information for the victim's family, and for attempting suicide, the police have registered a case against Sagar and investigating further.